Most Brides (and some grooms) have thought about their wedding day for many many years, when it should be, how beautiful it will be, and how much fun it will be. One of the primary questions we ask our clients when we sit down with them is “What do you imagine for your wedding entertainment?” Most of them seem to not have even given it much thought. They simply say “We just want our guests to have fun”. DONE! That’s easy. However, we like to take it a step further and get to know our clients in order to create their wedding entertainment based on their imagination. Thus begins our follow up questions in order to get to know more about general taste and personality traits. These are just a few of the reasons our clients rave about what we do.
The entertainment factor for your wedding should be held in very high regard. We are sure you’ve heard the phrase “A DJ will make or break your wedding”. This is completely true. The quality you should expect in your wedding dj shouldn’t be something that you simply decide on (Especially Not Based On Price!). Do your research! Find out about backgrounds, experience, previous employment, etc. Your DJ should be just as professional as they are talented. Without doing your research, you may be gambling with the actual outcome of what you’ve imagined your big day to be.
Over the past 5 years, our company has been involved in thousands of weddings. We aren’t just a DJ company, we are constantly working within the wedding industry. We also operate a Chair Cover company, a Photo Booth Company, manage and operate two banquet halls, and as of recently we are beginning our Catering Company. Book That DJ has recently opened a branch in Findlay/Lima and we are working on opening another branch in Chicago. We have seen it all, not just high energy and fun weddings, but the more formal and reserved weddings as well. Every bride and groom is different and we treat each and every wedding we are involved in with the uniqueness that each couple exemplifies. So when it comes down to your big day, it’s all about what you imagine. We can create whatever feel/vibe/energy you want for your wedding. Our DJs specialize in creating a very fun atmosphere.
We here at Book That DJ bring a level of personalization, expertise, attention to detail, and creativity that is unlike any other wedding dj or wedding dj company you will find. We have talents that most DJ companies simply don’t. That’s because we aren’t just “Weekend Warriors”. Meaning, we don’t just do weddings on the weekends and go through the motions. We won’t just send a “DJ” to your wedding with an itinerary. Our company also DJs throughout the week at several locations. And we train every week, during the week.
Our DJs are constantly learning new ways to transition songs, program songs, and get even more creative. Our office is equipped with a set up for us to showcase to our clients what we do, as well as utilize during our more informational DJ meetings. We manage two banquet halls in the area and we utilize those spaces for practicing set ups, microphone work, sound perfection, and more. You won’t get an out of practice DJ, or a fresh DJ, or a DJ that just “fills in” from our team. We are exactly that, a team. Each member being pushed just as much as the next to ensure our company maintains a level of service that will blow you away. This is why we are such an exclusive company.
After meeting qualifications in order to be considered to represent the Book That DJ team, our DJs then go through a rigorous and extensive training period before they are even granted the opportunity to handle any event. We train, we quiz, we work together, we push and challenge each other to become even better aw what we do. Imagine a sports team and the skill sets they develop and sharpen throughout training camp in order to produce results for game day. Even throughout the season, we still train.
1. Our “Open Communication Policy” allow our clients to contact us through Email, Phone, or even Text Message. With this policy, we allow a 24 hour window for all communication. This means that if a client reaches out to us and is unable to make contact, we respond within 24 hours. We understand the importance of constant contact and availability in order to maintain a stress free client relationship.
2. We don’t just DJ, we help our clients plan their big day to perfection. We are able to do this with not only the online planning tools available for each client, but also our final meeting process. Each of our DJs are trained in wedding etiquette and have strong customer service skills in order to help each client create the best possible experience.
3. Our ability to “Read The Crowd” and ensure that everyone at the event has an amazing time. We not only play great music for all ages, we make sure we are mixing it up all night long and not just playing for certain groups in certain sections of the night. We take requests from our clients and their guests if necessary, but we make sure we are constantly aware of the “vibe” and “flow” of the evening.
4. Working with other vendors to ensure the flow. Our team knows that everyone has a job to do. From the catering staff, to the photographers, and even the bartenders, we make sure everyone is in the loop of what events are taking place and when during the entire night. Yes, the DJ is an important part of the evening to ensure that everyone is having a wonderful experience. However, we work well with and respect all other vendors for each event.
5. Our Reputation. We already have a great reputation with previous clients and other wedding professionals. Yes, we have only been in the wedding industry for a little over 3 years. However, we feel that this gives us a very modern appeal to our Bride and Grooms. Our owner, Jason Kelley, was voted “Best DJ in Toledo” from the Toledo City Paper for 2013. We hope to maintain this title within our company as long as we can. The care, and effort we put in to weddings is what makes them love us so much. They become more like family to us than just clients.
All of this AND MORE is available for your big day!
As Professional Wedding DJs in the Toledo Ohio Area, we thrive on special moments created during one of the most unforgettable days in our clients lives. This video was shared to us by a close friend of the company. Although we did not record or DJ this wedding, it hits a special place in our hearts. Very often we have clients that have lost a parent and it becomes a very touchy subject during the planning process. We thoroughly enjoy new ideas to create those special moments in order for Brides and Grooms to have unforgettable memories.
Andrea had a very special dance with some very close family and friends at her wedding. Her father passed away so her brother recored “butterfly kisses” and she danced with with all of them during her Father and Daughter dance. it was a truly touching moment not a dry eye in the house.
Her dad, Mark, died earlier in the year from pancreatic cancer. Andrea’s first dance is with Mark’s father, followed by her brother Luke, then brother Nick and finally her new father-in-law Scott.
Filmed and edited by LaFrance Films www.lafrancefilms.com
Make sure you visit our other great articles in our Wedding DJ Secrets Blog
Like Us on our Book That DJ Facebook <-Click
Or Subscribe to our Book That DJ Youtube Page <-Click
And DEFINITELY Add us to your circles on our Book That DJ Google+ <-Click
If you enjoyed this article, please share!!!
This article was written by: Jason Kelley
If you enjoyed this video, please share this post. Thank you all so much for your continued support.
Are you afraid your wedding will be just like every other wedding this year? Well, so are we. That is why we apply our creativity and experience in helping you plan the most unique and personalized wedding possible.
Don’t just settle for the same old routine. A lot of Wedding DJ’s have been trained to follow a certain timeline and music regiment. NOT BOOK THAT DJ. You tell us that you don’t want “Elevator Music” during your dinner hour, we know exactly what you mean. Which is why our Online Planning Process allows you to have complete control. Not just the online planning process, but also our open communication will allow you to have exactly what you imagine for your wedding.
We suggest a lot of Fun and Trendy New Things to do at your wedding that will ensure your guests have an amazing time. But, they are merely suggestions. You have the final say as to what will happen throughout the evening. For instance the video below is of the entire reception doing the “Train”. It was AWESOME for this group of people, but it may be “corny” or “silly” for you and your guests. It all depends on what you want and don’t want to do. We have plenty of other suggestions.
Our DJs are fun and energetic (without being “Over The Top”). If you don’t want a DJ that just sits there and plays music, You’ve come to the right place. But if you do, you still came to the right place, because that is what you want and it’s your special day! Our Company is Based on Customer Service.
We hope you enjoyed this article. Please “Like” us on Facebook <–Click Here