It’s been a long time since our owner’s Jason and Laura took a break from all of their hard work. Making sure everything is running perfectly at all times is a very daunting task for anyone. But they seem to never let it faze them and they keep it all together.
2015 is already becoming a very busy year with the second week of January being the biggest week ever for the company. In one week we acquired 28 new clients for the 2015 and 2016 wedding season. We are planning for 2015 to be our biggest year yet. It’s a steady flow of work all the way up to April and then May gets insanely busy. So in order to prepare for the road ahead it was necessary for our owners to UnPlug and take a vacation. Albeit a small vacation with them only being gone for 4 days. Jason said, “that’s about all the time we can take off really without missing what we do and taking care of business”.
Jason and Laura decided to buy plane tickets for a trip to LA as their Christmas present to each other. So they packed up and headed to the West Coast. “It’s going to be hard not to think about work and just relax, but we are policing each other to make sure we don’t get distracted from sunny California”, Jason stated. What happened on their trip was completely unexpected.
The first morning in California was the most difficult. Without having my Macbook at hand and getting in to our online work as I do on a daily basis, I felt incomplete. But after we got out and about to see the sights, the anxiety completely slipped away. Before we left, we briefed a few of our team members and tasked them with responsibilities to ensure that the company would still run smoothly. Also, so we wouldn’t be stressed out at all during our vacation. We absolutely love our team! Without them we wouldn’t have had as fun of a time while we were away. From transferring phone lines to monitoring all inbound emails, our crew stayed on top of everything that came in. It takes a lot to continue operations and we are glad to have such support from our crew.
I tried so much not to think about business and talk about business during our trip. However, anyone who knows me knows that this is almost impossible. I love what I do and I love continuously creating new opportunities. We had NO IDEA the opportunity that would have came about while we were all the way on the west coast…
A long time friend and associate of mine (Owner of Hollywood Universal and many other multimedia outlets in the San Diego Area, Mugsy Mahonney) had moved to the San Diego area almost a year prior. He was able to show us around the San Diego area while we were in town. It was a great time not only seeing all of the wonderful sights, but also catching up. During a great lunch at The Ale House in Pacific Beach, we started talking shop about DJing and business growth. It dawned on me and I had an AH HA moment! As much as I didn’t want to talk business, it just happens that way sometimes. Without getting in to all of the details…
It will take some time to work through all of the planning and processes. But we have officially started the process of building a Book That DJ branch in San Diego, California. The process is estimated to take up to two years to be fully operational. The greatest thing about The Wedding Industry on the West Coast is that there isn’t just a ‘season’, it’s all year round. We’ve begun researching the market trends and associated data, as well as dates for Bridal Shows/Fairs in and around San Diego. With the help of several contacts within the San Diego area, what was once just a mere thought is now becoming reality. This was the business highlight from a primarily personal vacation. So we decided to not only share the journey, but share the BIG NEWS as well! We hope you all are as excited as we are.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO HOLLYWOOD UNIVERSAL! For making it possible!
As you may or may not know, our owner Jason has an extensive library of business books, self help books, and even the “For Dummies” books. He is constantly reading new books that help him grow personally and professionally. In turn it helps us all, because it allows him to be even more productive and creative. For this particular flight to California, he knew he would be on the plane for several hours. So he sought to get some new books that will not only do more of the same for us all, but also keep him busy throughout the flight. Many of his books are highly recommended for any small business owner looking to grow their business and minds. Here are the books he chose to take with him…
This book reveals the core principles that drive success. The Compound Effect contains the essence of what every superachiever needs to know, practice, and master to obtain extraordinary success. Inside you will find strategies on:
Now this previously revised and updated bestseller is available in trade paperback for the first time to help you achieve your maximum potential throughout the next century! Learn:
* Three fundamental techniques in handling people
* The six ways to make people like you
* The twelve ways to win people to you way of thinking
* The nine ways to change people without arousing resentment
Thank you all for your continued support! We LOVE YOU ALL!
1. Our “Open Communication Policy” allow our clients to contact us through Email, Phone, or even Text Message. With this policy, we allow a 24 hour window for all communication. This means that if a client reaches out to us and is unable to make contact, we respond within 24 hours. We understand the importance of constant contact and availability in order to maintain a stress free client relationship.
2. We don’t just DJ, we help our clients plan their big day to perfection. We are able to do this with not only the online planning tools available for each client, but also our final meeting process. Each of our DJs are trained in wedding etiquette and have strong customer service skills in order to help each client create the best possible experience.
3. Our ability to “Read The Crowd” and ensure that everyone at the event has an amazing time. We not only play great music for all ages, we make sure we are mixing it up all night long and not just playing for certain groups in certain sections of the night. We take requests from our clients and their guests if necessary, but we make sure we are constantly aware of the “vibe” and “flow” of the evening.
4. Working with other vendors to ensure the flow. Our team knows that everyone has a job to do. From the catering staff, to the photographers, and even the bartenders, we make sure everyone is in the loop of what events are taking place and when during the entire night. Yes, the DJ is an important part of the evening to ensure that everyone is having a wonderful experience. However, we work well with and respect all other vendors for each event.
5. Our Reputation. We already have a great reputation with previous clients and other wedding professionals. Yes, we have only been in the wedding industry for a little over 3 years. However, we feel that this gives us a very modern appeal to our Bride and Grooms. Our owner, Jason Kelley, was voted “Best DJ in Toledo” from the Toledo City Paper for 2013. We hope to maintain this title within our company as long as we can. The care, and effort we put in to weddings is what makes them love us so much. They become more like family to us than just clients.
All of this AND MORE is available for your big day!
DJ Daniel Lopez
DJ Daniel Lopez is the latest addition to the Book That DJ Team. Originally from California, Daniel has been a Toledo native since he was a youngster. With a background in Sales, Customer Service, and Even Bar Tending, Daniel makes… Read MORE HERE
Book That DJ is continuously growing in the Greater Toledo Area! We have even started a new branch in the Findlay/Lima Area! Thank you all for your continued Support! We set a high standard of excellence and not everyone makes the cut! Daniel has definitely exceeded our expectations and has put his time in to the planning process and learned our style, standards, and fun fun ways!
Daniel Lopez is trained in Wedding Etiquette and has experience with Pool Parties, Holiday Parties, Birthday Parties, and even the Bar/Club nights!
Thank You ALL Again for your continued support! “Like” us on Facebook Here
We Love bringing you the best around and today this Parody really hit home with us! We hope you love it as much as we did.
Just Click PLAY!!!
Make sure you ready our other posts and our reviews to see what all the fuss is about!
So many great couples have decided to Book That DJ! You should too! Check out our Best Wedding DJs in NW Ohio Here
Thank you and have a great day!
Don’t forget to check out these Great Tips! We follow all of these… 8 Signs of a GREAT DJ!
The Toledo Parent Reader’s Choice Awards are among us.
Please take a moment out of your day and fill out this ballot. We really appreciate all of your continued support.
*1. You may only vote once.
*2. No answer should be repeated more than three times.
*3. A minimum of 30 questions must be answered for your ballot to be eligible.
*4. Your name and email address must be included.
*5. No ballot stuffing! No photocopies! (We will discard any ballots that we suspect are fraudulently submitted.)